Exciting new things are happening at Peterson Farms Seed! Or should I say… PEA -terson Farms Seed: Peas!
Maybe that was a little too corny…either way, there is a lot of excitement surrounding our new partnership with Equinom, a unique FoodTech Company on a mission to cultivate better plant-based ingredients.
In this partnership, Peterson Farms Seed will be contracting ultra-high protein, yellow field peas in a profitable, take-all contract. Here are the basics:
- Ultra-high protein. These peas have been bred specifically to be protein powerhouses, with supercharged protein content prime for food processing.
- Powdery Mildew resistance. Originally bred for Canadian production, all Equinom pea varieties carry resistance to powdery mildew. Eat that, diseases!
- Semi-leafless, good harvestability. These peas will be standing tall at harvest, making it easier on you, and the combine.
- Closed-loop, take-all contracts. From seed to elevator, we’ve got you covered! When you contract field pea acres, you are buying a Peterson Farms Seed product, processed and prepped in our Prosper, ND plant before being delivered to you. This way, you know you are buying quality. On top of that, the take-all contract means every bushel that meets the minimum requirements of the contract will be trucked out, by us, to its final destination. Talk about peace of mind!
- Profitable contracts. Looking for a reason to give peas a try? This is your sign. Contract specifics will be available soon but trust me, it’s going to be good.
- Agronomic benefits? Check. Peas are a great opportunity to diversify your operation. Like beans, peas fix nitrogen and can provide a nitrogen credit the next season. They are also great for drier areas. Field peas use less water than wheat, soybeans, and corn, and are great to have in a rotation before corn if you’re trying to preserve that subsoil moisture.
- An exciting first look. This year we had a few acres of field pea under seed production, and even with a late start, they are looking great!
- Promise+? You bet! The same rewards program you know and love – now with peas! Yep, peas will be included on this year’s Promise+ Rewards program!
More details will be coming soon. The team at Peterson Farms Seed is excited to provide this opportunity for our customers to add extra value to their operation.
If you have any questions or would like more information, reach out and give me a call!